What other games do you play?

I have played very different genres of games. But my first love was role playing games. In particular 'the witcher' and 'dragon age' series. Since Planet zoo I havent found the time to play anything else. Still trying to finish a zoo 😆

At the moment I play Baldurs Gate 3. I am at the final stages of the game and afterwards I need again a break from Story Games which means I have again time for Planet Zoo 😊. But next project besides PZ will be finally Cyberpunk 2077 with its released DLC.

Is it worth it? Or, what is better: MarioKart or Disney Speedstorm?
I haven't played much to Mario kart so I can't really compare. Speedstorm is free, so it's worth checking it. Of course it has a lot of in-game purchases that cost money (items to unlock or improve characters, clothing, decorations for the cars...), but you can play the game without spending any money, it just takes longer to unlock things.

The design of the game, the animations and especially the music is great and I love it. They are constantly adding new missions and content to the game too.

I love gaming across many genres but I'm quite selective within each.

Simulations - Rimworld is my favourite alongside PZ.

RPGs - Morrowind - old now but probably the greatest RPG. The writing was so deep. Skyrim didn't quite measure up in that respect. I enjoyed The Witcher. Was a bit of a rogue 🤣

Story games - currently loving Immortal by the creators of Her Story. I love clever writing and a bit of mystery/scaring myself sh*tless.

Strategy - I loved Northguard until the creators favoured selling DLC over fixing bugs. Was gutted when it became unplayable and lost all my conquest data. Loved the Civ series, played them to death. Addicted to Polytopia on my phone.

My husband has a switch so we enjoy some Mario Kart with friends and I had fun watching him play Zelda and Red Dead Redemption.

Survival / horror - The Long Dark was good. The Forest was spectacular - SO scary! Waiting for Forest 2 to become a bit more playable. Green Hell is great, super challenging. Raft is brilliant too, less jump scary and a bit too grindy but loved building a massive ship and figuring out the story. Enjoy a few zombie games with friends but I scream a lot! Project Zomboid, 7 Days to Die.

I've sunk many an hour into Minecraft and modded it to the max. Played a lot of that with friends in the Pandemic and I built them an escape room in the game that took them a good hour to solve! One of my greatest gaming accomplishments 😂

I'm in my 30s so I've had time to explore all this over many years...I swear I have a balanced lifestyle away from the screen as well! 😁 Always play more in the cold English winter months; much less or hardly at all in summer.

Most recent game I played aside from PZ...
Its called Space Engine. Its pretty relaxing to just "explore."
Then there is a different game called Universe Sandbox which is crazy :ROFLMAO:
Aside from computer games, I am playing Wordscapes especially since they added a fun Mountain climbing feature that I lose all my coins on... :(

I have been playing team fortress 2 and dawn of war lately

Though recently I played the planet earth and frozen planet mods/ mini games for Minecraft. They were fun!

Currently, I'm playing Valheim with my friends.
To me, the game does something good for almost every type of player. Creatives can build endlessly. People who need combat have big bosses to strive towards fighting. Explorers can sail the seas. It's a great game, and it's no wonder it's so popular.
If their servers were as good as the game, that would be even better. We played it at first on their servers, but after a month of lagging and low speed, we rented a private server from SuperCraft. The difference is enormous - the speed is much, much better. And it's not expensive. $8 a month is very low for a group of 5 friends. They also have servers for other online games like 7dtd and Palworld for pretty much the same price.

Last edited:
I'm very happy because today I unlocked Stitch in Disney Speedstorm and he's one of my favourite characters!

disneyspeedstormseason3lilostitchtrailer-ign-blogroll1-1690902331265.jpg

I don't have as much time for video games as I used to now that I'm an art school student (I still haven't built for every animal in the Oceania pack, believe it or not), but I'll usually pick up something short to play in order to calm my anxiety in the evenings. I just finished Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley, which is a really cute way to spend about four hours if you're a Moomin fan, and the art direction is gorgeous. I also recently completed Coffee Talk 2 and A Year of Springs (the latter of which hit home pretty hard and had me in tears by the end lol, IYKYK.)

Been also playing a lot of modded Minecraft with some friends. It makes for a surprisingly fun zoo builder when using the right mods - we're using the BigChadGuys Plus modpack (the non-Cobblemon version), which has Naturalist and Clutter (the latter of which has kiwi! Although they spawn in jungles for some reason...). Alex's Mobs and Exotic Birds are arguably even better, although they're for forge rather than fabric. Vanilla is fun now and then too - and I'm shocked yet excited to see them add dholes, African wild dogs, and what seems to be either the striped hyena or aardwolf as new wolf variants. Was not expecting that, but I'm so here for it.

I do play other simulation games now and then too - tried to get into JWE2 but the building system never grabbed me without mods (its so hard to make parks look unique when your only fence options are concrete, null, and a load of not-so-different electric fences that smaller animals look ridiculous behind. They only just got benches and bins!). Prehistoric Kingdom is shaping up to be wonderful though even if it has a long way to go management-wise - I'm loving the new Stone Age set and the cave lion is gorgeous. I loved Planet Coaster and I know I'll play the hell out of a sequel if it ever releases, and the Sims 4 is a fun time to play on and off (esp modded) - although I can't wait for Paralives/Life by You to come out and hopefully not charge me for wanting to use laundry or weather 💀

Last edited:
There was a steam sale, so I got some new animal games!

1. Skate bird, this game is so cute! Also you have a ton of birds you can play as!
  2. I am a fish. It’s a platformer where you play as fishes trying to get to water!
  3. Venture Africa, it looks like an older game about habitat management.
  4. Shelter 1, I love shelter 2, so I wanted to try the one you play as a badger family.
  5. Crab Champions, a rogue like where you play as a crab with guns!
  6. Drunk in Necter and Honey (I think that’s its name) play through the life cycle of various bugs!

I like creative/management & strategy games, RPGs, shooters, cozy and cute games. Both me and my fiance game so we play a lot of stuff together.

I'm a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series, currently doing another modded playthrough of Skyrim. I'm eyeing to buy Dragon's Dogma 2 and Helldivers 2, I also have Baldur's Gate 3, but haven't had the chance to properly dive into it (also loved their previous game Divinity: Original Sin 2). I also like Total War: Warhammer & Dishonored series. Huge fan of the Tomb Raider games, loved them since childhood. Have also played a lot of Valheim, but got kind of burned out.
I'm thinking of doing another playthrough of Stardew Valley (the 1.6 update just dropped and it's amazing).

Currently I'm playing Skyrim and a little bit of Planet Zoo.

I also bought a few games on the steam sale:
  1. Undertale (yea never played it until now)
  2. Dave the Diver
  3. Into the Breach
All three of them have a cool pixel art style.

Far Cry 5 (one of my favorite video games)
Ark: Survival Evolved
Minecraft
GTA 5
Lego World
Mario Wonder
Megaman 8
and more

also why is no one playing this under-rated gem.
Screenshot 2024-03-25 170944.png

Top Bottom